Halloween Night at the Museum
Friday, October 23, 2015 - 6:30-9:30pm
Experience A Scientific Halloween!
Come join the Halloween fun Discovery Center style. All ages wear your costume and explore the museum, visit a variety of science activity stations floating, flaming, sparking, sliming - a night of scientific fun for the whole family. Expect the unexpected! Admission: adults & children, $10 non-members, $7 members, free children 2 & under.
- Dancing Ghosts - Put static electricity to work to make your ghost "dance!"
- Slime Station - A favorite activity every year - make a bag of slime to take home!
- Glowing Spider Web - Assemble a spider web that will glow when placed under one of our black lights.
- Dr. Frankenstein's Lab Area - Back by popular demand --- wound making station! You'll walk away looking bruised and battered!
- Designer Skeleton - Use some common materials to assemble a silly skeleton! Compare your version to a real skeleton!
- Candy Chemistry - Visit our Exploratory Lab for some sweet chemistry with Halloween candy science!
- Flying Pumpkins (catapults) - Ready, aim, launch! Can you get your flying pumpkin to land in the target destination?
- Boo Bubbles - These special bubbles are frightfully fun! Are you brave enough to hold one?
- Ghost Breath - Keep a close eye on our candles... did a ghost blow them out???
- Fright Bike - Add some fright to your night. Take a spin on the high wire bike. Cost is $3 per rider.
- Hot and Cold Blooded - Gather around our Thermal imaging exhibit and explore hot and cold in a whole new way!
- Pumpkin Demonstrations - Join us for pumpkin demonstrations Discovery Center style! Featured in our auditorium, a different pumpkin demonstration each hour! (7:15 p.m. - Oozing and bubbling pumpkins, 8:15 p.m. - Smoking and flaming pumpkins)
- My What Big Eyes You Have! - A new exhibit makes its debut. Your eyes will be amazed!
- Grand Finale - Exploding Pumpkins (9:30 p.m.) - The evening will end with a bang! Exploding pumpkins end the night! Assemble in front of DCS starting at 9:15 p.m. for this grand finale that you won't want to miss!