Discovery Center Summer of Science
Summer of Science Workshops!
Our full time, highly qualified education staff work hard to develop summer workshops that are not only fun, but packed with learning opportunities galore! Click here to see class descriptions and register on-line or download PDF registration form.
- Monday-Thursday June 3-August 8
- Members receive priority registration. February 26-March 9. Non-member registration begins March 12 and continues until sessions are filled.
- Cost: (includes one Summer of Science t-shirt).
Ages 4-5 Monday- Thursday 9-11:30AM OR 12:30-3PM
$75 per week Member - $85 per week non-member
Grades 1-12 - Monday - Thursday 9am-3pm
$160 per week Member - $185 per week non-member
- Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Parents will receive an e-mail confirmation once registration has been processed.
- Students in grades 1-12 workshops must bring a sack lunch & drink each day.
- Some workshops have an additional supply fee listed in workshop description. This fee has been applied to your class when you check out on-line.
- Registration form must be received no later than 7 days prior to start of workshop.
- Reservation changes must be received 1 week prior to start of workshop.
- Refunds or credits will be issued only in the case of an emergency or if workshop is cancelled.
- Most workshops are limited to 20 students. Courses with fewer than 8 students enrolled 7 days prior to the start of session may be subject to cancellation. In this instance we will contact you immediately to discuss options.
- Grade requirements apply-workshops are designed for students going into those grades indicated.
- For questions, contact Laurie Duncan, 417-862-9910 x 701
- Check here for specific topics, workshop descriptions and registration on-line.
New Friday Fun!
Friday Fun days are for those who just want ONE MORE DAY! These optional days are designed to give participants one more day of a Discovery Center experience, but in a little bit different format!
- Cost: $40 per student. includes morning snack.
- Register in advance - space limited
- Only for children entering grades 1-5.
- Hours 9am-3pm.
- Bring a sack lunch and a drink.
- Friday Fun Days are presented in collaboration with a variety of community partners and DCS staff to help facilitate. Activities will be supervised and presented in our auditorium area.
- Center exploration time will also be included on Friday Fun Days.
- Schedule subject to change without notice.
- Priority registration given to those enrolled in the weeks prior to that Friday.