Discovery Center Summer of Science
Discovery Center of Springfield's 2013 Summer of Science has come to an end. We had an incredibly successful summer! Our young scientists learned about everything from bugs to light to stop motion animation each week.
Our Summer Workshops have recieved excellent reviews from parents:
- "As this was our first experience, I wasn't sure what to expect. However, my daughter came home each day talking about what she did and showing me her crafts. She was very excited to go each morning, and she was sad when the class was over!"
- "He is more excited about science. And ready to go back to school!"
- "He discussed his day and what he did each day. He loved the "gross" stuff! The teacher did a great job of keeping him excited about learning...and lots of fun each day!"
- "She enjoyed interacting with new children, outside of the peers she has in her daily preschool routine."
- "I would like to give the highest accolades to the DCS educator. She provided an educational and very fun experience and also went above and beyond for me. This was the first time I trusted someone else with my son's dairy allergy and she texted me photos of the ingredient list on products she was serving for snacks. I cannot express my gratitude for that."
What a fantastic summer at the Discovery Center of Springfield! Thank you to all the DCS partners, education staff, parents, and students. We hope your Summer of Science was wonderful, fun-filled, science-filled, and memorable!
If you are interested in Summer of Science 2014, check back here in March for next year's adventures!