Science Sprout Museum Days
We are looking forward to fall when we can kick-off our next Science Sprout Museum Days. These are days dedicated to early learners (ages 6 and under). On Science Sprout Museum Days, Discovery Center staff will not schedule any field trips for groups over age 6. So you and your young scientists will be able to explore, discover and enjoy the museum surrounded by other young scientists! Special science demonstrations, science story times and hands-on experiences will be available each Science Sprout day. Come back often, there's a different topic each month from September - February. General admission applies. Science Story times are at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Science Demonstrations are at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- September 20, 2013 - Long,Long Ago- Dinosaurs
- October 18, 2013 - Water Water Everywhere!
- November 15, 2013 - Exploring Space
- December 20, 2013- Green Holidays
- January 17, 2014 - Get Food Fit! (Nutrition)
- February 21, 2014 - Meet Roy G Biv (Colors)
Science Sprout Outreach
1-time Outreach Program
Choose one or more of these 45 minute programs for up to 30 students. The same program can be repeated consecutively up to three times in one day. The first program is $150. The same program can be repeated for an additional $100 each, with a maximum of 3 consecutive programs at one location during the same morning or afternoon. Additional supply and mileage fees may apply. To schedule a program contact Hayley Budd or call her, 417-862-9910 Ext 726.
Science Sprouts Outreach Programs for Early Learners - age 4-6:
- Storybook Science: Bats - Combines hands-on activities with book Stellauna by Janell Cannon.
- Storybook Science: Dinosaurs - Dinosaurumpus by Tony Mitton
- Storybook Science: Insects - The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Storybook Science: Mars - Mars Needs Moms by Berkley Breathed
- Storybook Science: Plants One Bean by Ann Rockwell
- My Amazing Body: Introduces bones, muscles, heart, lungs and healthy habits.
- It's Raining! It's Pouring! - Travel the life of a water droplet on its adventure through the water cycle
- Lights Out! Learn about the crazy properties of light while experimenting with mirrors and making rainbows.
- Goopy,Slimy, Bubbly Stuff! Perfect for beginning chemist.