Science Sprout Museum Days
Science Sprout Museum Days are dedicated to early learners (ages 6 and under). On Science Sprout Museum Days, Discovery Center staff will not schedule any field trips for groups over age 6. You and your young scientists will be able to explore, discover, and enjoy the museum surrounded by other young scientists! Special science demonstrations, science story times, and hands-on experiences will be available each Science Sprout Day. Come back often because there's a different topic each month. General admission applies.
- Science Sprout Days
- September 20, 2013 -Long, Long Ago-Dinosaurs
- October 18, 2013 - Water, Water Everywhere!
- November 15, 2013 - Exploring Space
- December 20, 2013- Green Holidays
- January 17, 2014 - Get Food Fit! (Nutrition)
- February 21, 2014 - Meet Roy G Biv (Colors)
- Science Story Times
- 10:00 a.m.
- 1:00 p.m.
- Science Demonstrations
- 11:00 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m.
Science Sprout Outreach
We offer a 1-Time Outreach Program for early learners ages 4-6. Choose one (or more) of these 45-minute programs for up to 30 students. The same program can be repeated consecutively up to three times in one day. The first program is $150.00; the same program can be repeated for an additional $100.00 each, with a maximum of 3 consecutive programs at one location during the same morning or afternoon. Additional supply and mileage fees may apply. To schedule a program contact Hayley Budd or call her at 417-862-9910 ext. 726. The outreach program descriptions follow:
- Storybook Science: Bats
- Combines hands-on activities with book Stellauna by Janell Cannon
- Storybook Science: Dinosaurs
- Combines hands-on activities with the book Dinosaurumpus by Tony Mitton
- Storybook Science: Insects
- Combines hands-on activities with the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Storybook Science: Mars
- Combines hands-on activities with the book Mars Needs Moms by Berkley Breathed
- Storybook Science: Plants
- Combines hands-on activities with the book One Bean by Ann Rockwell
- My Amazing Body
- Introduces bones, muscles, heart, lungs and healthy habits
- It's Raining! It's Pouring!
- Travel the life of a water droplet on its adventure through the water cycle
- Lights Out!
- Learn about the crazy properties of light while experimenting with mirrors and making rainbows
- Goopy,Slimy, Bubbly Stuff!
- Perfect for beginning chemist