Did you know?
- That Discovery Center of Springfield has been southwest Missouri's primary science education resource facility since January 1998.
- How about that DCS has 11 different galleries and over 200 hands-on exhibits that all ages will enjoy.
- That you can reserve a room (with an additional fee) and have your students and chaperones bring their lunch.
- DCS has over 20 different programs that you can add to your field trip.
- DCS educators hold a bachelor's degree or higher in a science field.
- When you pre-register a group of 12 or more you qualify for the group rate of $6 per person. One adult chaperone for every 5 children required.
Plan Your Field Trip
Discovery Center of Springfield provides hours of interactive science and cultural exploration enrichment. The Program Guide contains information about DCS and the different programs DCS offers. Supplement your field trip with additional activities such as HighWire Bike, a 30 minute classroom programs, or schedule a lunch room.
Follow the steps below to schedule your trip:
- Download the reservation form for your group.
- Check out the in-house programs available. The description discusses the activity, grade level, and group size to ensure that youp pick the right program for your group. Note: There is an additional $3.00 per person for a classroom program.
- Pick a date-- make sure to give us 3 alternate dates and times that will work with your schedule. We will call if there are conflicts.
- After you have looked at the 30 minute classroom programs and picked a date, complete the registration form, incomplete forms may cause a delay in the process.
- A credit card is required to hold your reservation. Your card will not be processed until the day of your field trip. Cash or check can be used as payment on the day of the trip instead of the credit card. Note: We will charge a fee of $20 to the credit card if your group does not show up or does not provide at least a one-week notice of cancellation.
- Fax your reservation form to: 417-862-6898 OR scan and e-mail to email@example.com or Mail your completed reservation form to:
Discovery Center of Springfield
438 East St. Louis St.
Springfield, MO 65806
- Make sure you send us the reservation form 7 days prior to the field trip date to get the group rate price.
- Print out the Chaperone Letter to give to your chaperones. This will help them guide the group through Discovery Center.
- Look at the Map of Discovery Center and the Environmental Pathways to help organize your field trip.
Canceling and Rescheduling Policies
In the event that a schedules trip must be cancelled, please contact Hayley Budd at 417-862-9910 Ext. 726 immediately to discuss rescheduling options.